Friday, April 19, 2013

How to Keep Your T-Shirts Organized



I have always gotten question form my friends and family about how to organize t-shirts. Well...I have finally perfected my t-shirt drawer. It is all about how you fold them. I chose to fold my t-shirt instead of hanging them, because I have found it easiest for me. When I decide I am going to wear a t-shirt, I simply go to my drawer and at a glance I see every t-shirt. Now lets just jump right into it.
The secret to a perfect t-shirt drawer is the "Standing" fold. I call it this because well...the t-shirt stands on it own.

Materials you need:
  • T-shirt
  • Drawer
  • Ruler (Optional)                                
Now take out the t-shirt(s) you are going to fold
Place the shirt face down collar towards you.

You can either just fold all of your t-shirts to line up with the collar or you can measure out the length you prefer. I measure and fold all of my t-shirts to 6 inches. (In this case my collar is exsactly 6 inches )
Fold the sleeves in 

Fold the shirt into thirds and either line up with the collar or to your preferred measurements.
Fold over the other side
This step is optional. I always double check to make sure my t-shirt is the perfect 6 inch size by measuring it. 
Fold t-shirt in half by bringing the collar to the bottom

Flip this over
Fold this into thirds by bring the top inward.
Ta-Da! Now you have a perfectly folded t-shirt.
Repeat to all shirt and put in colored order.

No comments:

Post a Comment